Sunday, 16 November 2008

Sorting out the garage

There's been no DIY on the blog for what seems like weeks - shocking! To make up for that I have a flurry of activity to report on this weekend. In the bathroom the pipes have been boxed in and the towel hooks are now up on the wall. Curtains and sheep have been hung and the final - annoying - floorboard in the bedroom has been nailed down (after a couple of false starts - it was a tricky bugger). Peace now reigns.


We've also completed some much-needed work on the garage, filling in the big gap in the end and also adding some cladding to the sides to pretty much weather-proof the structure. With winter coming on strong this is a good thing - it should give the mower a fighting chance of surviving until the lawn next needs a trim. This was proper DIY - bolting big bits of wood on, getting to use the jigsaw and *lots* of nailing. A scant few minutes after we finished construction the rain started to fall, allowing the newly improved garage to strut its rainproof stuff. Here's how we did it:


The attractive blue tarpaulin is, I must admit, a somewhat temporary solution. I'm hoping it'll last until January when I should have time to replace it with something more wooden and generally lasting. And now that the big hole isn't there we're going to have to sort out some lighting in the garage - another project for the list...

No comments: